"I am stronger than depression and braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me".
-Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Ow.

Well, it's all done!  Yesterday went well and the fistula is so far successful.  I was very impressed with how nice everyone was yesterday, they all worked super hard to keep me warm and comfortable.  Last night was pretty rough.  I'm not allowed to lay on my left side (where the fistula is) and that's typically how I like to sleep. They also encouraged me to keep my left arm elevated, so we had pillows to prop it up.  Around 11:30pm the freezing started to wear off, but it wasn't until about 5:00am that my arm started to throb (even with the T3s that I caved and started taking).  Right now I'm just sitting on the couch with my arm up trying to distract myself.  I have to call my surgeons office to book a follow up appointment and will ask how much pain I'm supposed to be in.  I'm fairly confident that my pain tolerance is quite high so this is really hurting (which seems fair - they did slice my arm open yesterday).

It's supposed to be a beautiful day and I'm planning on enjoying it on my fancy new porch - courtesy of my sister & aunt xo.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone for all of their support, positive vibes, gifts, etc.  It really has made the whole process a little easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment