"I am stronger than depression and braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me".
-Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

Monday, July 23, 2018

Not a Holiday

Trying to get rid of my hiccups. 
Today is my last day off before heading back to work.  I'm a little sad that I couldn't have more time off, it has been far from a vacation.  This past week was rougher than I thought it would be, and not in the sense of my arm hurting - my arm has actually been the least of my complaints.  I apparently cannot take T3's anymore without having a reaction.  The first three days were spent vomiting and battling the longest case of hiccups ever.  A full 36 hours of hiccups - I don't recommend it.  Since then things have slowly started to improve.  I've started to get my appetite and energy back.  I've finally stopped vomiting and hiccuping, oh yeah and I believe the mysterious nose bleeds have stopped too (honestly, I don't get it either).

In terms of my actual fistula, it's healing quite well.  I am actually able to type this using both hands, which is exciting.  It can still be a bit sore at times and due to its location (right in my elbow crease) I still can't full extend my arm, but it's getting there.  I am off of the extra strength Tylenol except for the rare occasion (if I use the arm too much).  I am still on limited duties, not exerting myself at all.  I joined Wes & Harlow for their walk this morning (obviously not the one walking Harlow) and it felt great to move.  I will continue to take it easy for the week (not riding sadly) but better to put in the time now and know that I am doing everything I can to make this fistula work.  

1 comment: