"I am stronger than depression and braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me".
-Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Resting In the Sunshine


I am crashing HARD today.  Between getting my period for the first time in three months (it happens - deal with it) and perhaps over-doing it the last couple of weeks I am STRUGGLING.  This morning I was super shaky, dizzy, nauseous (actually vomited) and FREEZING.  Sounds like the flu right? WRONG, welcome to an exhausted Megan.  This is what my body decides to do to me to force me to rest - I puke (fun, right?).  I am having a hard time remembering to rest in the warmer months.  In the winter it was easier -when I had some free time I would cuddle up and take a nap, or take some quite time inside.  It's hard for me to stay in bed and rest when it's nice out.  I LIVE for the sun, but I forget that I am just as sick and exhausted (if not more so) now than I was when it was colder out and I didn't mind hibernating.  So I am going to have to reevaluate how I "do summer".  I'm used to being active and spending as much time outside as I can.  Unfortunately, just "resting" doesn't always cut it, sleeping seems to be the only thing that really actually helps.  This week in my spare time I did a lot of gardening, a lot of really long unnecessary walks with Harlow, I helped out a little extra at SARI, on top of my regular work load.  And today I'm paying for it.  Luckily, it's not a super nice day today so I don't feel as guilty staying in bed for a few extra hours in order to be functional for the rest of the week.

Hope you are all enjoy the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment